At Gloomylens.com, we respect your privacy. A description of basic policies and practices in place on our website that express our protocol for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information is presented below. Gloomylens.com is an online community for posting and sharing photos, as well as adding comments to other people’s images. You can also enter your photos into competitions. You don’t need to be registered to search or view public photos on Gloomylens.com; however, you must be a registered member of Gloomylens.com to post photos, use our services and/or submit images.
Information we may collect
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name and e-mail address, profile photograph, websites relating to you, and a description of you (i) when you provide it to us when registering for, or using, our website and/or services or in some other manner; (ii) from our business partners and/or from other third parties. ; (iii) when you complete your user profile or other pages that allow voluntary provision by you of information about you; and/or (iv) when you upload images to the site, through the extraction of EXIF or IPTC data or other embedded metadata within or attached to the image. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources. Our server logs automatically collect technical information (information that is about you, but does not identify you as an individual), such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends. We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience. See our Cookies Policy (below) for further details. Our website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under that age may provide any personal information to our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 8. If you are under 18, do not use this website, register for our services, use any of the interactive comment features. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information others may collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies, affiliates or advertising networks to display advertisements on our website. We do not provide any personal information to these companies whatsoever. If you link through to these companies via their advertisements, they may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about the computers used to view or interact with their website(s). If you post personal information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that because no security measures are perfect or impenetrable we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with any personal information you provide. We encourage you to use caution if posting personal information.
How we may use information we collect
We may use your personal and/or technical information to:
• present our website and its contents to you
• fulfil your requests for information and/or our services
• offer services provided by us that may be of interest to you
• process payment for services you order via our website
• customise the advertising and content that you see on our website
• facilitate use of our website
• manage your account and your preferences and to communicate with you about these
• notify you about changes to our website and/or any services we offer or provide through it
• allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
• analyze use of and improve our website and services
• identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website
• enforce our Terms.
• promote or market our website and services (for example through press releases or marketing activity related to competition winners)
You may choose:
• not to provide personal information, although that will result in your inability to register with us and therefore obtain certain services or use certain features of our website
• to stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy or adjusting your notification settings on the website.
• to delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly.
We take appropriate physical, electronic and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
We may occasionally update this policy to reflect changes in our practices and services. If we make material changes in the way we collect, use, or share your personal information, we will post notice of the changes on our website.
How to contact us
You may also want to take a look at our Terms and Conditions